PPWD Equality and Diversity Policy Overview
PPWD recognises that many people in our society experience discrimination or lack of opportunity for reasons which are not fair, ethical or legal. Common themes for discrimination include:
Race, religion, creed, colour, national and ethnic origin, political beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability (including mental illness), HIV status, marital status, responsibility for dependents, geographical area, social class, income level or criminal record.
PPWD is committed to a Policy of Equality and Diversity that respects the identity rights and values of each individual and opposes all direct and indirect discrimination within the organisation. We believe everyone is entitled to a working and learning environment that promotes dignity and respect. This commitment is not only good management practice but makes sound business sense.
Our Equality and Diversity Objectives
- To deliver equality and diversity throughout organisational policies, procedures and practice and develop an ethos which respects and values all people.
- To challenge discrimination and lack of opportunity and encourage other organisations and individuals to do the same to actively promote equality of opportunity.
- To create a culture that respects and values an individual’s differences and recognises that difference/diversity is an asset to our organisation both to its work and the people it serves.
- To eliminate all forms of unfair discrimination, bullying, harassment or other oppressive behaviour. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Take positive action to provide encouragement and support to individuals and groups whose progress has been limited by stereotyping and cultural expectations and to prepare learners for life in a diverse society.
- To ensure all employees, volunteers, learners and collaborative partners are aware and encouraged to support the objectives of this policy.
- Promote good relations amongst people within the organisations community and the wider communities within which we work.
- Do our best, within available resources, to remove barriers which limit or discourage access to the Company’s training provision and activities.
- Monitor the implementation, set targets for improvement and evaluate the impact of equality and diversity action.
- Equality and Diversity training is part of our induction programme
- We have a nominated Equality and Diversity lead and deputy
- Equality and Diversity updates form part of routine CPD training days.